My avatar on GAIAonline

Avi art (part 2)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I don't know what to call this... Do you?



I'm bored. That's all I wanna say since I'm tired of thinking up of a title.

I just discovered that you can really find interesting things if you explore.

Like what happened when I used Google to find Java IDE's. After looking at some IDE's, I thought: 

"These things have everything laid out. I'll never learn Java if these IDE's tell me what to do."

Then, since I think that Windows XP's Command Prompt is a bit "weak", I tried, for some stupid reason, searching substitutions for the Command Prompt by which I got results leading me to tutorials and discussions about the Windows Command Prompt. *sigh*

Out of boredom,(Hey... I think this is a good title...........nah..) I searched for text editors. Right now, you could be thinking of the best internet slang expression that comprises of 3 big letters that you will regret after reading the next few lines.

At first, I remembered something and took a look at Notepad++. When I looked at the homepage and the rest of the site, I thought:

 
"Like, dude, awesome...". 

I looked at the screenshots. I felt like someone told a bad pun. A very bad pun
Then, I thought:

"Maybe its features can make up for the *(POS)* GUI it has."

I looked at the features. They were good but I marked it so I could come back after checking out other editors.

A few searches and I noticed that Emacs was always there. I checked it out. Yes, it's because that the letters G,N, and U shined in the address bar. One thing came across my mind.

"Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....eee.eeeeee..."

I looked at the FAQ's, the Mans, and the screenshots. I liked what I saw.


(I'm bored. Remember?)

Anyway, Emacs seemed to have a good reputation among programmers. That's because I read that from Wikipedia. I thought:

"This must be what I'm looking for."

It was. While I was downloading the .zip file, I surfed the site just to kill time. I came across the humor section. The fact that I don't understand most of them indicates that I have a long way to go. The song parodies really cracked me up though. Welcome to GNU Emacs. Anyone who has watched "The Sound of Music" and knows some programming might get this too... The first 5 lines are killers. The GDB song.

Now, I tried out Emacs. It was totally cool. If you ask me, I can't really explain it. 
It's like:

(Tenacious D is totally awesome...)
It takes a bit of time learning it first but it's actually easy to get used to.

Screenshot of Emacs:
Yes, that's a Hello World Program. My boredom spanned from since I woke up this morning.





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm out.

No comments: